Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ultrasound #3 at 31 weeks

My tummy was measuring small at the last appointment (measuring 27wks when it should have been measuring 29wks), so the doctor scheduled us for an ultrasound just to be sure Aidan's growing was on track. As of today Aidan weights 3 lbs. 9 oz, which is 36th percentile and his heart rate was 128 (which the tech said is a very "boy" heart rate). Of all the measurements they do (head, legs, body, etc), the tech said that Aidan's head is measuring in a higher percentile than the other parts of his body... I guess that means more work for me :/ We got to watch him suck and "breathe" while we were there too!

And just to be sure, we checked again, and he's still a boy--and it is very obvious on the ultrasound that he is a boy now--so we're safe sticking with Aidan Michael for a name :)

After the ultrasound, we had an appointment with Dr. Leeds for a check up, and my bump is still measuring small. I am measuring at 28 weeks when I'm 31 weeks, but since the ultrasound shows that our baby is the right size, he says that how I measure doesn't mean anything, its the ultrasound measurements that will tell us how the baby is growing--and he is perfectly healthy! I don't know why I'm measuring small, but I am and, thankfully, the baby is not, which is ok with me :)

Here's how I look as of today!

This is another picture of Aidan's face. It isn't as clear as the one we got last month, but I still think he's cute! His cheeks are starting to chub out a little ;)



Here's him sucking--if you look closely, you can see that his mouth is puckered.

I have been feeling very blessed lately. I have a wonderful husband who is the love of my life, I have a healthy baby on the way who I know will be loved beyond words by his parents, grandparents, and family, we have great families that I know love and truly care for us, and I have job that I love and look forward to that challenges me and rewards me in ways I never imagined--and everything else just seems smaller and less important when I think about all the great things I have in my life... and this is new to me because I am usually a big worrier and stresser... I am just feeling a new calm lately, and I know everything will be ok because I have everything I really need.

1 comment:

  1. YAY for good baby measurements. And I'm glad to hear that you're feeling calm because it sounds like everything is going the way it should be, at least for now and that's good. I can't wait for the end of May to meet this little cutie pie, he's adorable already. He's going to be one very loved little boy by everyone.

    ReplyDelete