Saturday, November 6, 2010

Our Baby

We're having a baby!

Mike and I went to the doctor on Monday for our first prenatal visit, and we got to hear our baby's heartbeat and movements on a Doppler monitor. The doctor told us that everything is looking and sound great. I am at 10 1/2 weeks right now, and due to have the baby around May 30th. The timing should work out nicely with the end of the school year, giving me an extra long maternity leave for summer :) . . . (that is, of course, if everything goes as scheduled--which I know doesn't always happen with babies or school years).

I am beginning to feel a lot better as I am getting closer the the end of the 1st trimester. I have been nauseous since week 3, and the last 2 days I have felt the best I have felt since September--Mike and I even went on a date last night because I finally felt like leaving the house for a meal. I have been eating a lot of fruit because that is one of the few things that sounds good too me... food in general just hasn't sounded good for the last 8 weeks--which is the complete opposite of how I usually am--I LOVE food, so it's strange to have the thought of food make my stomach turn for 2 months.

Other than the nausea, I have had the other typical pregnancy conditions--exhaustion and moodiness (mostly caused by the exhaustion and feeling nauseous for 2 months straight--and maybe some hormones too ;) ). My husband is a wonderful, patient person who has put up with my tired, crabby self, and I am very thankful for him! He has had PB & J for countless dinners because I didn't feel like cooking, he has run to the grocery store to get Mac & Cheese for me after me crabbing at him because there wasn't any in the cupboard when I thought there was, and he kept the house clean and laundry done because I felt like just laying around or sleeping. He really has been great through the whole thing, and I appreciate him very much!

In addition to my baby, my sister will also be having a baby in May, so we will be adding two more grandkids to the Gries family, who already has Ashton. For the Schimmel's this will be the 3rd grandkid--Isabella and Kaylen are both still under a year. And for the Entner's this will be the 1st grandkid. Our families are very excited, and so are we!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, VERY excited! Baby Entner already has his or her first purchase at our house, I just couldn't resist. Tim says at this rate, I'm going to be banned from all malls, but phhht you're only a first grandma once! :)

    Glad to hear that you're starting to feel less nauseous that is going to help tremendously for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better - Bruce & I can't wait to see you with a baby bump!

    ReplyDelete