Friday, October 15, 2010

Sick.

I have been sick for a week now with a cold. I have felt absolutely awful this whole time--except for Wednesday--I honestly thought I was getting better Wednesday, but I was fooled. Since Monday I haven't been able to use my "teacher voice." I had a talk with the kids on Monday about my voice sounding funny and scratchy, and the rest of the week I had kids telling me that they thought they were getting a cold too because their voices were scratchy too--it was cute.

Normally I don't go to the doctor for a cold because I get colds all the time, I teach Kindergarten--it's going to happen. Thursday morning I was awake from 2-5 because I couldn't lay down and breathe without feeling like I was drowning on all the stuff in my lungs, so I decided it was probably time to go to the doctor for this one. Turns out I have bacterial infection in my respiratory system, probably from the cold (duh). I was given an antibiotic and sent on my way. I took a sick day half of yesterday and then today as well. Today is an inservice day at WM, so I at least didn't have to get things ready for a sub. I slept in until 11 today, and I am hoping the medication starts clearing out some of this stuff from my body soon. We are heading to Harlan this weekend for Ashton's 2nd birthday party, so I am hoping to feel better for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment