Sunday, November 21, 2010

Busy Weekend

Mike and I have had a busy weekend! Saturday, Mike cleaned out the garage and put up all the summer stuff for the winter (bags, camping stuff, my bike, etc), and I cleaned up the plant beds. I began taking down the fence for our garden, but my stomach started to hurt from all the bending over, so Mike finished the job for me :). Mike also hung the outside Christmas lights.

Sunday, we both worked on putting plastic on the windows.... I know it looks so classy :/, but it really does keep our horribly insulated, drafty house a lot warmer in the winter, so its totally worth it. We also put up the Christmas tree, and I made chocolate chip cookies and homemade cheesy potato soup.


Potato Soup with bacon, cheese, and sour cream--amaaaazing!

Our tree--the cats think that the ornaments are fun dangling cat toys waiting to be knocked off the tree. (And I feel dumb admitting this, but I just learned how to spell ornament--I honestly thought the word was ordament, with a D sound, I have been saying it wrong all my life :/,--Mike teaches me so much ;)


This is the new ornament that my parents brought to me on Friday when they came to visit my classroom. Its me and Mike, having a baby :)

Our lovely plastic--it really does work!


Our outside Christmas lights


And finally, relaxing on the couch with kitties in our laps :)


No comments:

Post a Comment