Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wisconsin

It's been a while since I blogged because, well, we've been busy. The first weekend in August, we took a trip to Madison to celebrate Mike Huston's birthday. On Friday night, we stopped in Waterloo to eat dinner with Crystal, Nate, and Ashton on the way to Huston's, so we didn't get there until about 10--so we pretty much went to bed after we go there, but not before Mike was "iced" by Huston. Apparently, "Icing" is when a someone comes upon a Smirnoff Ice that has been hidden by a friend--or bro--and when they discover this Smirnoff Ice, they have to get on one knee and chug it... I guess it's some sort of internet thing, I don't really get it.

On Saturday we went to Hubbard Ave. for breakfast, and later in the afternoon we went downtown to walk around and get some gelato--YUM YUM! For dinner we went to El Dorado, and then we went to Essen House for some German beer and dancing.

Dinner at El Dorado

Huston got "Iced" at Essen House

The second half of our trip to Wisconsin was a trip to the Wilderness Resort in the Wisconsin Dells. We met Tim, Sue, and Chris there on Sunday. We spent 3 nights in at the resort, where we swam, floated on several lazy rivers, played in a wave pool, and played putt-putt golf. On Monday, Mike, Tim, Sue, and Chris went golfing, and I stayed behind and went to the pottery place, which I really enjoyed doing. I painted myself a ceramic pencil holder for my desk.

And, I had some of the best crab ever on our last night there. We went to a crab buffet, and it was AMAZING!



And where are the cats while all this is going on?? They got a vacation to Bruce and Maurene's in Ankeny. Meatloaf was a little shy, but Charles warmed right up and became best friends with Yoshi.

No comments:

Post a Comment