Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dumb Bunnies

For those of you who don't know, my favorite flowers in the whole world are Asiatic Lilies, with my absolute favorite being Stargazer Lilies. Mike and I have done a lot of landscaping to our current place, and one of the things I made sure of was that we planted some Asiatic lilies.

However, they aren't doing so well this year... the dumb bunnies keep eating them and biting off their stems. We've tried rabbit repellent spray (which, by the way, smells like animal pee), and it hasn't worked. Of the 10-15 stems that should be out there, only 4 are still standing, and the leaves have all been chewed off the bottoms. We have tons of day lilies, but they only eat the Asiatic lilies. Those flowers are the ones I look forward to the most, and now I only have one Casa Blanca stem and one Stargazer stem left. I used to think bunnies were cute, now I realize they are just flower killers!

This whole area is supposed to be filled lilies, now it is just bare

No comments:

Post a Comment