Thursday, July 15, 2010

South Dakota

Last weekend, Mike and I went to South Dakota to visit the family on his step-father's side. We left Friday afternoon from Ankeny, and arrived at Grandma and Grandpa Schimmel's house in time for dinner Friday night.

We stopped for lunch in Avoca on the way, and of course I had to hold Isabella :)

Saturday, Mike and I went for a run at the local track. We came back and went to lunch at the Goss Opera House. The Opera House was awesome--its an old opera house (as the name suggests) that is being renovated. The building had a very historic feeling, and I wished I had my camera, but I didn't even think to bring my camera to lunch. Aside from atmosphere, this place had AMAZING food! After lunch, we went to visit the Terry Redlin Art Center as well. I didn't really know who Terry Redlin was until I saw some of his work, and, strangely, it brought back memories of my grandma--she had some Terry Redlin items in her house.

The Terry Redlin Art Center

Also on Saturday, Jenny, Nina, Zack, Owen, and Jeremy were supposed to join us around noon, but Nina and Owen got stuck at an airport Atlanta, so they weren't able to get there until dinner time.

Sunday we had a large lunch with many, many Schimmels. We talked, played games, hung out all day, and had a great time.

Playing Carcassone

Playing Settlers of Catan

But mostly importantly, I spent the weekend getting to know Isabella!

No comments:

Post a Comment