Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Bike

Today, I made my first big purchase in a long time--I bought a bike! Not just a regular bike either, but a super nice bike with all kinds of bike features that I don't fully understand yet, but I'm sure I'll appreciate them when I get out on the road. Mike and I looked at Bike World and Skunk River Cycles here in Ames, and I decided to get a hybrid bike, a 2009 Trek FX7.5 from Bike World (before yesterday, I really knew nothing about bikes, but thanks to the nice guys at Bike World, I feel much more informed).

In addition to the bike, we also got all kinds of bike accessories, like a helmet, flat tire repair kit, and tire pump. I rode my bike home from the store, and it is awesome! Mike and I went for a short ride together after supper on the trail behind our house--I think this is something I am really going to enjoy doing!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the bike purchase, Jess! I bought a new bike earlier this year and I've been SUPER glad that I did. I've gotten a ton of enjoyment out of it this year and I hope you get a ton out of your bike as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you really enjoy the bike!! Our first bikes were Trek Hybrids and we really enjoyed them! Watch out though, it's super addicting...you'll find yourself yearning for more and more bikes!

    PS...If you plan on doing some longer rides invest in a great pair of bike shorts. Your butt and whoha will thank you. I especially enjoy the bike skirts by Skirt Sports!

    - Maggie

    ReplyDelete