Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cavities

I have gone to the same dentist in Harlan since I was a little kid, and this spring I decided to make a switch to a dentist here in Ames because its looking like this is going to be my permanent home. I had my first check-up about 3 weeks ago, and they found 8 cavities! I couldn't believe it! I take care of my teeth, I have a clean mouth! I have been going to my Harlan dentist for regular check-ups, every 6 months, and he didn't even detect any cavities. The dentist here has all kinds of technology to locate cavities, lasers and stuff, so it was a much more thorough exam than I have ever had in my life. So I came home from the dentist that day and told Mike that he should go to the dentist because he hadn't gone in 8 YEARS, and if I had this much damage and I've been seeing the dentist regularly, I thought, "Oh man, his mouth is going to be horrible."

Nope. His is mouth is great! He has one teeny-weeny minor area of concern, taken care of in a 15 minute trip to the dentist.

So today I had my first trip to the dentist to get some cavities filled. I had two filled today, and I made an appointment to have 3 more done in October. I will get the other 3 fixed later in the fall. Ugh, I really don't mind going to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned, but I hate going to get cavities filled because of the needle they use to numb my mouth--it hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment