Monday, June 28, 2010

Camping in Clear Lake

Mike and I went camping over the weekend in Clear Lake. We met friends Huston, Halverson, Becca, Sam, Jenn, Pat, and Maggie there on Friday. We were just about the only people in the campsite using tents, but it was fun! Not long after we set up our tents, a strong storm came through, so we went to Tim and Sue's (my in-laws) to grill out and watch Hoarders on TV until the storm passed over. When we got back to the site, most of it was underwater and muddy, but we still made a fire and had a great time.

Putting up tents...

Campfire fun

MUD EVERYWHERE

Our tent village surrounded by campers and RVs


Saturday morning we went out on the lake for a boat ride. I tried to be helpful by lowering the boat lift, but since I don't really know anything about boating or boat lifts, I ended up getting caught in the lift and bruising my sides and ripping my swim suit and tank top... this is six hours later, so I am smiling more...

Lake-proofing the important items


My parents joined us after lunch, and it ended up being a very fun and very eventful afternoon. The boat ran out of gas and then the boat stopped working in the middle of the lake (and our parents didn't rescue us until we called them, so we floated around for about an hour), several people cut their feet on mussels on the bottom of the lake and Pat cut his hand on a tube rope, Mike learned to wake board, my parents had a great time boating and floating on tubes, and even I got in the lake to float around in my clothes since I had no swim suit.




Tim using his boating knowledge to get the boat going... (or as Mike said, "All it needed was for my dad to touch it to make it work again.")


Saturday night there was more rain and storms, but not until after we made the biggest fire ever and had some delicious smores. It was a pretty great weekend!

Our huge fire

The view from our tent about 11pm... there was about 3 inches of water under our tent

No comments:

Post a Comment