Friday, June 3, 2011

40.5 weeks

Aidan is still in there--40 weeks 4 days. We had an appointment yesterday morning, and the doctor had lots of good news to tell us! We had a non-stress test again (we've had them at every appointment since 37 weeks), and it showed that his heart rate is great! The doctor also checked to see if I was progressing at all, and I have--finally! I am still at 1 cm, but I have effaced 50% (maybe 70%, he says...). He told us that Aidan's head is very low--lower than normal, but that is very good news for me because that could make my labor easier. I am measuring 38 weeks now, which means the baby has grown a lot in the last week--I was 34 last Thursday. He let me know that I can be induced anytime if I wish to be, but for now, I want to wait. As long as the baby is healthy and safe, I don't want to be induced--I would prefer to have things happen naturally.... but if the doctor thinks there are any concerns or reasons at all to be induced, I would do it. After June 13th, I won't have a choice, he will induce me (I really hope this kid comes before June 13th, that's 2 weeks past due!). For now though, the baby is healthy and active, so we are just going to try to wait it out--as patiently as I can :)

I walked the golf course with Mike last night. During the day I have been trying to keep myself busy working on stuff for school for the fall--I am embarrassed to say I watched the entire first season of Jersey Shore (I still can't believe I'm watching this show...) this week while working on stuff to pass time. I am so ready to have a Aidan out with us, but at least I'm getting some stuff done, I guess, if I have to look at the bright side--but I'd still rather have our baby here with us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment