Sunday, June 5, 2011

False Labor=No Baby Today

This morning I woke up about 3:30 with horrible cramping and contractions through my lower back and stomach. I was dead tired, and I knew that contractions are usually far apart when labor starts, so I just laid there for a while and repositioned myself a few times--but the contractions kept coming, and they seemed pretty frequent. And the whole time I'm thinking, "This is really happening! I could have my baby by dinnertime tonight!"

So at this point I decided I should start timing them, and they were 8 minutes apart! 8 minutes?!?! The childbirth class prepared me for hours of 15/20 minute contractions--I didn't even know I could just jump right in at 8 minutes! The childbirth class also taught us that if you are having regular contractions, change activities to see if the contractions stop or continue, because that will determine if you are truly in labor. So at a little after 5, (and an hour and a half of mildly painful contractions) I decided to get up and walk around downstairs (Mike was asleep through all of this... I didn't want to wake him unless I was sure). As soon as I started walking around, the contractions and pains stopped. Completely.

I kept waiting for them to start again, but they never did... So I headed back to bed at 6 and told Mike the story of my false labor. I still had hope that it would restart itself later in the day, so went back to bed for 4 more hours.... and here I sit, 14 hours later, with no contractions and no baby :(

No comments:

Post a Comment