Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ultrasound #2 at 26 Weeks


We had our second ultrasound today. The tech confirmed that it is still a boy, so we are definitely sure on that! He is weighing in at 1 pound 12 ounces right now. We had measured small at the last appointment 4 weeks ago, but today I was measuring right on for 26 weeks, which is great--he's growing! They also were able to get some 3D images of the face and profile--Mike thinks 3D ultrasound pictures are creepy, but I like them--I think he's cute :)




I had a second ultrasound because they were concerned about growth because of my 2 vessel umbilical cord, but he looks like he is growing just the way he should be. The doctor said there are only 2 abnormalities with our baby--the 2 vessel umbilical cord and that it's a boy--he has quite the sense of humor :) But seriously, everything is growing as it should be, which makes us happy!


There is also BIG news with my job--I am getting a contract next year!! I have been waiting 3 years for a contract--1 year with Nevada and 2 at WM, and it has finally happened--and I am relieved and happy and excited! It means health insurance for me, a little more income for our family, and a little more job security than before--all of which are wonderful things :) I love my job at WM, and I am so happy to be able to stay there and settle into a place to call "home"--and on top of it, I get to teach Kindergarten again next year, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!


Mike and I are continuing to look for houses closer to State Center. We found a house that we loved in Nevada and put in an offer on it. Unfortunately, another couple put in a higher offer at the same time, so they are getting the house. Mike and I are continuing to look--we have begun looking beyond Nevada and found one in Zearing online that we really want to go see--click here to see it. Zearing would mean a little more drive for Mike, but we would get more house for our money living in a smaller town.... much smaller town--population 469. So we'll see where the house hunting road takes us...

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the contract, that is wonderful news! And look at that little face, soooo cute. :) Thanks for posting this. Sorry to hear about the house in Nevada, but you'll find the place that's right for you and you'll know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention how cute he is! grandma G

    ReplyDelete