Saturday, September 18, 2010

Owl Quilt

Last April, my friend Amy and I took an intro to quilting class at the Quilting Connection here in Ames, and I absolutely loved it! While we were taking the class, Amy asked the instructor if they offered any applique classes, and they did--and they happened to be making this adorable owl quilt called Hooterville.

So Amy and I signed up for the class and took it last May. But during the summer, even though I had all kinds of free time with summer vacation, I just didn't feel like quilting--something about making blankets in a 90 degree room doesn't seem right or comfortable to me. But now that the weather has changed to Fall-like, and I suddenly have a strong urge to begin quilting again. So here is the progress I have been making on the owl quilt.

These are all the completed owl blocks that I have so far.
Here is a close-up of one of the owls.

This is an uncompleted block that is ready to get applique-ed (if that's a real word) next to one that is done.
These are uncompleted and completed trees for the center of the quilt.
When I have it completely done, I will post the pictures. This one may take more time though--my sewing machine really doesn't like the zigzag stitch I am using to applique--it jams a lot, but I love love love this quilt, so I keep working on it.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you find this pattern? I've been searching for a downloadable copy or PDF online. No luck!

    ReplyDelete